The North Fulton Amateur Radio Emergency Service (NFARES) is an organization of volunteer amateur radio operators dedicated to serving North Fulton County and the North Metro Atlanta area with emergency and public service communications. NFARES is affiliated with the Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) of the American Radio Relay League (ARRL).
NFARES serves the north portion of Fulton County and its five cities plus Dunwoody:
- City of Alpharetta
- City of Johns Creek
- City of Milton
- City of Roswell
- City of Sandy Springs
- City of Dunwoody
The North Fulton ARES Emergency Coordinator (EC) is responsible for directing the efforts of the NFARES organization and maintaining relationships with our served agencies.
- Grant Register (KK4PCR), EC North Fulton
Assistant Emergency Coordinators (AEC) are appointed by the EC to coordinate sub-organizations within NFARES.
- Jim Paine (N4SEC) - AEC Alpharetta
- Open - AEC Dunwoody PD
- Open - AEC Johns Creek
- Mike Clark (KK4YDQ) - AEC Milton
- Tim Romashko (K4RA) - AEC Roswell
- Tom Koch (W4UOC) - AEC Sandy Springs
- Mike Lozano (KF4UPO) - AEC Emory Johns Creek Hospital
- Open - AEC North Fulton Hospital
- Open - AEC Northside Hospital
- Stuart Williams (AK4EX) - AEC Sandy Springs EOC
- Mike Cohen (AD4MC) - AEC Training
- Tony Fullard (K4AWF) - AEC Reporting
- Steven Hull (KW4HQ) - AEC Reporting