This is a collection of links that we find useful.
Here are links to some of the software we've been playing with lately.
|Last updated: 2017-03-22|
- Georgia ARES database
- Georgia ARES contact information and capabilities
- Georgia ARES website
- The official Georgia ARES website
Maps and Terrain Data
- Fulton County Map Catalog
- Maps of Fulton County, courtesy of the Fulton County Government website
- Map of North Fulton County (PDF, 14 MB)
- A map of North Fulton County as of Dec 2011, courtesy of the Fulton County Government website
- ACME Mapper
- Street, satellite, topo, and other maps
- A tool for generating panoramic profiles, including viewshed overlays that indicate the line-of-sight coverage from a particular vantage point. We use this website to get an idea of the VHF coverage from various locations in our served area. The viewshed doesn't correspond exactly to the radio coverage area due to edge diffraction and other effects, but we find it useful to see where mountains, ridges, and other terrain features might occlude a signal path.